Thursday, April 10, 2008

New colors!!

I spent several hours deciding on the perfect color ways, and the local dye guru (stop laughing and get back in your chair) has come up with some fabulous colors for spring lace! I wanted to do something with subtle color changes so that when knitting the lace, the pattern shows through and the colorway doesn't take over. After all, why spend all that time on k2tog, ssk, and yo and not even be able to see it?









Left to right: Horton, Zen, Tallulah, and Pushing Up Daisies

















I had to monkey with the picture to get the colors true to life, but voila, there you have it!

So this is the time of the year when people often ask me, "what is that intoxicating scent you are wearing?" To which I reply, "Why it's Cutter Deep Woods." I have 6 mosquito bites from standing outside for 2 minutes with out bug spray. Those of you who know me personally know that I don't get along with bug bites very well. Only time will tell exactly what species of mosquito bit me by how much pain and swelling shows up in the next few days. If it's those little black stipedy ones then I'm screwed. I think the common name is Asian Tiger Mosquito or something cute like that.

I have also decided that I no longer want to be a biologist and that I should follow my true calling. I have shunned the idea (or rather DH has) for over a year now because it is not "practical." Hopefully this summer is a turning point for either direction that is either my research takes a turn for the "this is valuable research that will actually work" (the better) or my fiber arts career takes off like weeds in my front yard. I'm really hoping for the latter. Okay enough complaining for the day.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Hmmm....I think you know what I have to say about all this. :)