Thursday, April 10, 2008

Classes and future hand dyed!!

The first round of class dates is now set in stone!!! Here is when they will be plus a few more details. As the time comes I will post more details.

Sock class:
Session 1: May 13 and 20, 7:00-8:30 pm
Session 2: May 16 and 23, 2:00-3:30 pm
Where: Threads Unlimited Knits
Cost: $35 + supplies

Beginner Lace:
May 19 and 26 7:00-8:30 pm
Cost: $35 + supplies

I have the details of what will be covered in the class and I will give out some of those details a week or two before classes start. Class size is limited to 5 people per session and all materials used in class must be purchased at Threads with a few exceptions which I will discuss at sign up. I will also do an individual 20 min followup (no charge. by appointment, limited to 45 days after the class) to help with issues that arrise in the final project. I will be doing additional sock classes and beginner lace classess throughout the summer by demand as well as an advanced lace class (probably one in June and one in the beginning of August).

I also wanted to let everyone know that I have finally found a source for base yarn for my hand dyed yarn that I can count on for consistent (and fabulous) yarns!! Hopefully we will be putting in an order by the end of the week!!! I am hoping that by summer I will have all my colorways fully developed and also that I can find a few more people interested in selling my hand dyes!! I have a few leads on shops that might be interested in carrying them (one in PA and 2 or 3 in CO) and if that works out, I will hopefully be taking on an apprentice (you know who you are girlfriend!!!) to help me deal with the loads and loads of yarn being ordered...would you please quit falling out of your chair, it's not THAT funny. I jokingly tell her its an unpaid internship with the finest dyer on Bon Aire Dr.

I will also doing several limited amounts of special stuff depending on availability of my other source. These will usually be limited to less than 10 skeins in one selected colorway, but will be worth it. I promise that I will not turn into one of those snotty Indie dyers who charges $25 for 200 yds of sock yarn. I will never charge over $20 for a skein (unless it's cashmere, then I HAVE to charge a little more). And every skein of lace weight will make a decent size stole, and every skein of sock yarn will make at least one pair of socks!!!

No comments: