Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Monroe Stitch N Bitch

Tonya and I have now gone twice for some knitting and coffee, currently there is one more person interested and hopefully with the addition of the yarn shop I can recruit more!! I finished my "Dream Swatch Headband" last night and I blocked it this morning so it is drying.


I also started a bag that I plan to felt. That's right I am planning to felt something. Expanding my horizons or something like that. I was at Hobby Lobby on Friday and found some felting yarn in a gorgeous colorway that was on sale for $1.97/ ball. Of course I bought it guilt free. I also pulled out some of my needle tatting and realized that the colors go perfectly with the yarn I bought. So accidently a project was born. The tatting was originally going to be just a doily but since I plan on felting this bag I think I will sew it on as decoration. Can't wait to finish that!

More exciting news, I am finally getting my Christmas present from my mom (not her fault, they weren't available). Harmony needles from Knit Picks, the whole set!! Yay, can't wait to try them out.

I will take some pics this evening and post them if I can get online tonight.

No comments: