Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I finished the tank and it would be really cute if I had used only the silk and not the alpaca, which is why designing is a process. I will post pictures soon as I can with the pattern which I have written for a size medium, but am still getting worked out for other sizes. I'm feeling a little fat, so I might have to starve for a few days to pose in it. I also realized that I cannot wear the alpaca against my skin so I will have to line it if I want to wear it.


I have been noticing a lot of unbridled materialism and selfishness in the world around me lately and I am feeling the need to do something good for someone else. I really would like to knit for charity and since cancer has been something that has really had an impact on me in the last few years I think I want to help out with that. I was thinking about knitting up falsies for women who have had mastectomies and was wondering if anyone had any info on an established charity for this, patterns or starting up another group. If anyone has any other ideas or knows of any other cancer related knitting charities please let me know.

Other than that, I've been working on a simple pair of socks out of the "French Country" sock yarn that I dyed the other day. They are just kind of so-so, but I think it helps to knit with my hand dyed so I learn which color combos really work with each other and which ones just look good on the skein or in my head :). Lastly, I will take some picks and post the pattern of that tank top on here, and after that it's getting torn apart and I'm going to buy some more of that silk to finish it. I thought that it would be cool to use up some of my yarn but the best of intentions..... well you know.

No comments: