Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's been a busy summer

Well it has been! I have been doing just a little knitting on a pair of socks using the handspun merino Twisted Roving in Warlock. I am doing two at a time from the toe up so that I can use all the yarn and I have come to two conclusions, 1) I have a lot of yardage and 2) I am very proud that I have not knit my socks together yet!

Speaking of Twisted, I got an invite for custom order yesterday! I already have close to $200 in my cart, but I'm going to have to cut that back somehow. Dang you Meg for making such lovely colorways!! I did a little dyeing myself today. One sock yarn and one Landscapes colorway, I will post pics when they are dry and skeined tomorrow. I still have yet to get to the yummy base yarn that I got a while back, with the thesis and kids and husband and all, it's been hard to find the time. Not to mention, J is a slave driver!! We have been working our butts off around the ranch, unfortunately, my butt is still just as big. GRR.

I added a new item to the shop! The rose boxes that I send the stitch markers in were really popular, so I am offering them as a stand alone item. These are a little bigger (4" in diameter/2" in height) and even more pretty. They come in sets, 4/$5, 10/$10 and 30+/$.80 each. So, when you are thinking about gift boxes for Christmas presents, these are great for that and will even fit some small knitted items! Okay enough self promotion :).

We are also getting ready to move in 10 days!! Got the new (old) house and the in laws are coming out to help us make it our own with a little paint and some new drapes. MIL offered to buy these, and told me not be scared to use a little color. HAHAHA, I think she may choke on those words when she sees what I have in store. I went to Home Depot with my mom and cleaned the paint dept. out of paint chips LOL. We are going up on Thursday to paint the deck (FHA wants this done) and I need to fill out my hiring papers, so I will take some pics and post them Friday.

Well off to go sit on the deck in the Beautiful evening air!

No comments: