Thursday, October 1, 2009

You're trying to sell that on Etsy...Really

Alright, in an attempt to get myself back into blogging amongst the chaos that is a PhD program, I'm starting a new weekly section titled "You're trying to sell that on Etsy...Really" featuring the most ridiculous handmade items I come across on my browsing through Etsy.

To start off this week, I have one that I found a while back on a treasury. Some chick decided to make art yarn out of her wedding dress. Okay, seems a little dumb to me, but what do I know. What really shocked was the price tag, a very specific $543.21.

If you would like to keep warm this winter you can surely do so under a big glob of yarn badly knit together...
What else gets you ready for fall? Ugly ass shorts!! If they don't look good on the anorexic model, probably won't look good on anyone else either.




I actually kind of like the hat. But if you are going to sell something, find a better model than yourself. This lady looks like she is going to melt if you throw some water on her. If you are going to model your own wares, make an attempt to gussy up a little and smile!
That's it for this week, time is limiting. Of course I promise I won't be snarky all the time, check back for the best of Etsy too!

No comments: