Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Well as much as I wanted to take a picture to show all my imaginary fans what I have been knitting lately, I wasn't much into photography after taking over 100 pictures of petri dishes in my lab yesterday. If I do take some pics, I doubt that I will even get around to uploading them after having to wade through my bacteria pics. I do have a couple very pretty results that I will share once I get through them though.

I have officially lost my mind. The fact that I recognize this would say I have not lost my mind, but I must have. Last night I cast on over 120 stitches for a sock with a pair of 000 needles. That's a gauge of 14 st per inch. Oh yeah, I've gone truly mad. To prove this even more, I decided on an improvised fair isle pattern that will use classic motifs at different rates. I have always wanted to make a pair of very fine socks and I have the perfect lace weight cashmere that I found on sale. Okay well it wasn't really lace weight. It was actually six different colored strands of lace weight lightly twisted together that I separated out. Are you convinced yet? I actually made it through about 10 rounds last night before I went to bed. Granted that only got me to about half an inch.... I can't wait to finish this one so that I can get to the second sock. Haha, that could be the worst case ever of second sock syndrome. Yet I can't help but think that I'm not the only one out there who has ever considered or even cast on a pair of socks this tiny. After all, they make 000 dpns for a reason right??

No comments: