Tuesday, April 7, 2009

First, just wanted to let everyone know that I have been accepted to the PhD program of my choice!!!

I have been working on a custom colorway for Chris, and it has been a doozy. Usually I play mad scientist and let the colors come out how they will. I always love the results and they are always a little different each time. It's a little harder to get exact colors. My first attempt was way off, but still pretty. I have been layering dyes on the second to get what I'm looking for and I have one more round of over dyeing and I should have it.

First round, the green was a little too bright and the yellow a little too yellow for what I was going for...

Second round, green and Burgundy seem perfect, yellow is not golden enough and orange is too light. I will be adding another layer of color so it gets just right!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am loving it already!! It's going to be gorgeous! Now to decide what it will become.