Monday, February 9, 2009

Your Redneck is Showing...

Excuse me, I thought I would let you know your redneck is showing.


Saturday night we went out to the Mardi Gra parade. Nothing like some southern culture to bring a little redneck out in all of us. Even me, high class broad that I am, was seen with baby in one hand and beer in the other. It was fun, but we didn't get any of the cool beads so I was a little disapointed. I wanted the girls to leave LA with something fun to remember this state by (even though T won't remember a thing LOL). Instead H has loads of cheap beads. I am also coming to the realization that my point and shoot digital just doesn't take the kind of pics I want to take. Something more to wish for. In the mean time I will dream of camera that I can do as much with as my old 35mm SLR.


I am also really sad. I tried the mermaid scarf but I kept splitting the yarn to I opted for the Evelyn Clark's Heartland Shawl instead. I should have gone down a needle size cause I have 10 rows left and I have no more yarn. Grr. I don't want to rip out cause I spent a week on this thing. It was going really fast and I do so love the yarn. I can't wait for Meg's next update, I hear she is offering lots of evolutions and I might just have to get in on that even though I'm broke and don't really need any new yarn. Wait, I think that is called a yarn diet. But who sticks with diets anyway?


After starting (and frogging) three projects with my handspun crazy monkey I think I may have finally committed to something, another Evelyn Clark design, the Swallowtail shawl. I seem to be on a triangular lace shawl kick. I think what I like best is that I only have to cast on 2 stitches. I really hate casting on, even more than I hate purling which there is a lot of by the end of the shawl. Well this is going to be a little too bright for me to wear, but I think it would look lovely in H's rainbow bedroom as a window scarf!

Bright isn't it? I have been doing a little spinning with my Twisted roving, but haven't gotten very far.

No comments: