Friday, October 17, 2008

Got a few minutes...

It's been so long since I have posted that blogger forgot who I was and made me sign in...

Well life has been crazy busy since the semester started. I have been busy being lab mommy, trying to keep track of 4 undergrads and a dare I say one incompetent grad student. Only one more semester...

I have had a little bit of time to knit in the evenings though and have come up with a few new things. Kody's socks are coming along painfully slow. I really can't stand the colorway and have zero ambition to finish them other than I love my Kody and he needs some warm wool socks for hunting by November. I have put way Joe's sweater for a while, not that he will need it this year. I started on a sweater I won't be able to wear til next year of my own design and I must say I think it will turn out awesome.

I took a little time for myself this weekend and dyed up some yarn and a couple rovings. I did some for my mom by request, overdyed some alpaca for my aforementioned sweater for me, a skein of merino as a gift and a couple of 4 oz rovings, one to spin and sell and the other for my mom.
I have a couple of new handspuns, one that is on etsy right now and the other will go up by the end of the week.

This is a beaded version of the merino/cashmere blend that is already on etsy. I call it "Spring Chicken beaded"!! I loaded way too many beads and it was a pain to ply, but I muscled through it finally.
Here is a preview of another hand spun that will go up later on etsy later this week.

Unfortunately I don't have a very good place to take pics, and the pics of this yarn don't do it justice. Not a very big skein, only 120 yards, but this is one of my favorites yet for a seemingly ordinary yarn. The roving is blended with navy, burgundy and blue and was sitting in the box next to some red angelina which it picked up a little of. The yarn has little bits of sparkle here and there throughout the skein. It is incredibly soft too. It was spun worsted, but loosely so it has a lot of bloom.
Well I'm off to hobble upstairs and visit my poor neglected bacteria!

No comments: